COUNTY WICKLOW, Ireland, May 16, 2019 – One tour operator packs more of its award-wining itineraries into August than into any other month.
Rob Rankin, owner with Amy Rankin of Vagabond Small Group Tours of Ireland, offers his top six reasons.
- Kerry sets itself up every year to honor a wild goat. Puck Fair annually (for 400 years) crowns a bearded beast as King Puck as throngs dance to live music. This year’s dates are Aug. 10-12.
- Fleadh Ceoil na hEireann (pronounced flaa kee-ole na hare-on) celebrates traditional Irish music in a different town each year. In 2019, ‘the flaa’ will be in Drogheda from Aug. 11–19.
- Waterford Walls draws world-renowned artists to Ireland’s oldest city to create total mayhem and amazing graffiti on Aug. 22-25.
- Cape Clear Island International Storytelling Festival now in its 25th year brings tall tales to Ireland’s southernmost inhabited island Aug. 30-Sept. 1.
- Dublin Horse Show is all about the coveted Aga Khan trophy from Aug. 7-22.
Following are three tours the Rankins recommend, especially in August:
Vagabond Small Group Tours of Ireland offers two styles of culturally immersive travel. Vagabond Adventure Tours (which include the three tours mentioned above) are for active travelers who want to mix up hiking and biking and other outdoor adventures with history, culture, dining and shopping. And Driftwood Journeys of Discovery which follow similar itineraries but at an intimate and in-depth looking and lingering pace, sans the physical exertion.
On all of its tours, Vagabond staff curate locally owned accommodations, pubs and restaurants that help serve their goal of authenticity. In the end the mission is to have guests “love Ireland as much as we do.” Transport is in a custom 4x4 Mercedes 'Vagatron' that allows access beyond where regular tour buses go.
About Vagabond Small Group Tours of Ireland
In 2013, Vagabond Small Group Tours of Ireland was honored by National Geographic Traveler with a Top 50 Tour of a Lifetime distinction. In 2015 and 2017 the company was named the “Best Adventure Experience” at the Irish Tourism Awards. In 2017, Vagabond became Ireland’s first tour operator to achieve Ecotourism Gold Level Certification and in 2018, Vagabond Tours won The Green Tourism & Entertainment category in Ireland’s most prestigious Green (business) Awards. In February 2019, the company won two top Irish Tourism Industry Awards for the Best Ireland Ancient East Tourism Experience and Best Environmental Tourism Innovation.
# # #
PR Contact for Information, Photos, Press Visits: Widness and Wiggins PR
Follow Vagabond Tours of Ireland on Social Media: