MOAB, UT, Aug. 22, 2023 – Moab, Utah, known as the red rock playground for adventure, practically guarantees that amateur and experienced photographers alike will come away with the best photographs they’ve ever taken.
The staff of Moab Adventure Center, the go-to hub for booking activities in this region, also dispenses advice on the time of day to get the best shots from particular overlooks and why sunrise and sunset can be critical when it comes to creativity. They will also have a few – or more – words to say about the stars and how photographers can grasp the galaxies with their cameras.
Following is a list of eight tried and true locations for camera buffs. Some of these locations in Arches National Park come with suggestions on how to arrange activities that lead to award-winning captures. For more details, please seehttps://www.moabadventurecenter.com/blogs/stories/8-photo-hotspots-in-moab-utah
1. Delicate Arch: Visitors who commit to the 3.2-mile Delicate Arch Trail will come front and center with the free-standing arch that is the icon of the Utah license plate. Moab Adventure Center can arrange for private guided tours along this trail.
2. Double Arch: Moab Adventure Center offers three ways to access Double Arch. Arches National Park Sunset Discovery and Arches National Park Morning Adventure are four-hour excursions in a custom vehicle priced at $108 for adults and $88 for ages 5-12. Arches National Park Airplane Tour is a three-hour flightseeing adventure offering a panorama of this ancient landscape. Rates are $133 for ages 13 and up and $127 for ages 3-12. All of these programs are offered year-round. https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/arches-national-park-tours
3. Byway 128: This is a scenic driving route along the Colorado River. But Moab Adventure Center takes the scenery many steps further by arranging full-and half-day river rafting adventures on the adjacent Colorado River from April through October. All include transportation to and from the river, guides, life jackets, and all equipment for rafting. Available are Mid-Day Colorado River Rafting Adventure with BBQ Lunch available March-October at $106 ages 13 and up and $87 ages 5-12; Colorado River Morning Half-Day Rafting Adventure available April-October at $89 ages 13 and up and $73 ages 5-12; and a Colorado River Full-Day Rafting Adventure with Lunch, April to October for $129 for adults and $106 ages 5-12. See: https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/moab-river-rafting
Moab Adventure Center also arranges 1.5-hour (March-November) and 2.5-hour (April-October) guided tours on horseback high above the Colorado River, both around the Castle Rock area surrounded by 200-foot red rock cliffs. Rates are $139 adults and ages 10-17 for 1.5 hours and $169 adults and ages 10-17 for 2.5 hours. https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/moab-horseback-riding
4. Corona and Bowtie Arches: This is a 3-mile roundtrip hike including an immersion into how to traverse slick rock, common to the region. Utilizing ladders and cables adds to the excitement for adults and children alike. Moab Adventure Center can arrange for private guided tours along this excursion.
5. Turret Arch: Moab Adventure Center offers three ways to access Turret Arch. Arches National Park Sunset Discovery and Arches National Park Morning Adventure are 4-hour excursions in a custom vehicle priced at $108 adults and $88 ages 5-12. All these programs are offered year-round. https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/arches-national-park-tours
6. Dead Horse Point Singletrack Loop Trail: A guide, mountain bikes, helmets, water and a State Park Entrance Fee to Dead Horse Point State Park open up vistas in Canyonlands National Park March through November that can only be enjoyed from the perspectives gained at 6,000 feet above sea level. The rate is $134 for ages 13 and up and ages 8-12. https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/mountain-biking-dead-horse-point. These same vistas, or similar, are the rewards of visitors who prefer the ease of traveling with four wheels. Moab Adventure Center offers two styles of transport in a Modified 4-Door Jeep Rubicon or a 4-Door Jeep Wrangler. Both are available year-round as rentals for up to 10.5 hours a day. The Rubicon rental rate is $330; the Wrangler rate $305.https://www.moabadventurecenter.com/moab-jeep-rentals
7. Greetings from Moab Mural: This is a large sign heralding the entrance into Moab. Replicas are available as souvenirs to back up the photos visitors secure with their cameras.
8. Railroad Tracks to Corona and Bowtie Arch: Potash mining leaves deposits of bright blue evaporation ponds that contrast with the red rocks of Moab. Cameras quiver from the onset, especially when the arches become visible after traversing a railroad track and imbibing some early history of Utah. This can be a self-guided hike or under the tutelage of a guide from the Moab Adventure Center.
“The Moab Adventure Center team are experts in arranging mini-vacations for guests who want to stay and play here for a few hours or a few days. By combining desired activities into a package, we can beat inflation and save visitors valuable vacation dollars over what one would pay if activities were purchased piecemeal,” said Sierra Schmutz, Moab Adventure Center Manager.
The only caveat, she explained, is that some pre-arranging such as lodging and meals not included in the itinerary may be required.
“The Moab Adventure Center offers helpful information on Moab lodging options and local dining as well as a Free Insider’s Guide to Moab which can be ordered here: www.moabadventurecenter.com/free-moab-insiders-guide. To preclude do-it-yourself challenges and frustrations, our team is here to answer questions and then to take the time-consuming details of planning, logistics, backcountry transportation and interpretive guiding off your shoulders. All that our guests must do is breathe in the fresh air, hold on and enjoy the scenery,” Schmutz added.
About the Moab Adventure Center
Moab Adventure Center is at the epicenter of nature-themed adventure, promising activities that include rafting, jet boating, stand-up paddle boarding, hiking, mountain biking, and hot air ballooning. Hummer safaris, rock climbing, canyoneering, and horseback riding are also very popular. Most of these activities are conducted with experienced guides who help people understand where and how they can experience the backcountry with the least impact possible.
Moab Adventure Center is a division of Western River Expeditions (http://www.westernriver.com/) an adventure travel company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with operations and offices in Moab and Fredonia, AZ. The company is the largest single tour provider in Moab, Utah. The Moab Adventure Center is located at 225 South Main St., Moab, UT 84532. For information and reservations, please call (435) 259-7019 or (866) 904-1163. The center also has a 2,000-square-foot retail space selling adventure-related gear, clothing, maps, and souvenirs.
# # #
For media inquiries, interviews and photos please contact Widness & Wiggins PR:
Follow Moab Adventure Center:
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoabAdventureCenter
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoabAdventure
On You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/moabadventurecenter
On Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/moabadventure/
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moabadventurecenter/