SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 14, 2016 – Here’s a holiday gift that just keeps on streaming. First comes the planning and anticipation; second comes the enjoyment of an outdoor experience that most always exceeds expectations; and third come the memories and reminiscing that can last a lifetime.
The gift? A family rafting trip.
Veteran outfitter Western River Expeditions (http://www.westernriver.com/) shares seven reasons why a rafting vacation is ideal as a one-size-fits-all gift this year.
1. A family consisting of assorted ages can all enjoy a rafting adventure on the Green River in Desolation Canyon in Utah or on the Lower Salmon River in Idaho, both featuring the most playful of rapids, boasting huge, sandy beaches for sunning and playing once the splashing is over for the day.
2. Shared group challenges and memories come with the fun because everyone is involved in the on-and off-water action together.
3. This is the best example of a gift just keeps on giving. The fun begins when the gift of a trip is announced; as the adventure looms, the anticipation mounts. When everyone is sharing moments on the river, the memories are growing minute by minute to be recounted at family get-togethers well into the future.
4. This gift gives of yourself as you share meaningful time with loved ones. And it’s a gift to one’s self as well.
5. This trip wraps up nicely in an envelope with a colorful catalog and pre-trip information. And ideas for themed giving follow suit: rain gear, dufflebags, fleece pullovers and tees with logo imprints (all available for purchase through the outfitter’s online store.
6. The gift of a rafting trip addresses bucket lists – yours included -- and Holiday gift lists at the same time.
7. Holiday lights pale against star-lit nights along the river, stars that provide food for thought when it comes to the meaning of rivers and rapids and water and family and well, the universe.
For the ultimate gift of a river trip the outfitter recommends considering an adventure through the Grand Canyon. Western River Expeditions is the largest licensed outfitter operating in the Grand Canyon, introducing more people to its wonders than any other rafting company. However, space books up a year in advance for this highly coveted trip. The good news is that the 2018 season has just opened up for bookings and if the family can wait, they will have more than a year to look forward to North America’s premier river rafting vacation. See: http://www.westernriver.com/grand-canyon-vacation
For a copy of Western River Expeditions’ 2017 catalog, questions, availability and reservations call toll-free: 866.904.1160 (Local: 801.942.6669), or visit the newly enhanced website at: http://www.westernriver.com/.
About Western River Expeditions
Western River Expeditions is an adventure travel company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with operations and offices in Moab, Utah and Fredonia, Arizona. Annually from March through October it escorts more people down rivers on professionally guided rafting trips in Utah, Idaho and Arizona than any other company. It is the largest licensed outfitter in the Grand Canyon and the largest single tour provider in Moab, UT, through its division Moab Adventure Center (http://www.moabadventurecenter.com/).
Western River Expeditions, providing Grand Canyon rafting, Utah and Idaho rafting, and international multi-sport trips, was founded in 1961 by Colorado River rafting pioneer Jack Currey. It has been named one of the “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth” by the editors of National Geographic Adventure magazine. The company is the proud recipient of the "Best of State" award through Utah’s Premier Recognition and Awards Program for twelve consecutive years.
# # #
For inquiries, interviews and photos please contact Widness & Wiggins PR:
Follow Western River Expeditions:
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WesternRiverExpeditions
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/WesternRiver
On You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/bestraftingvacations?
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/westernriver/